126 Drafting #pfSewPrecious
July sponsor: Made By Rae, $50 gift card!!!
Jenny: I made a UGH NOT SIZED up YET! And I have three more ready to go. It’s on the list to be sized up so hopefully soooon.
Started a Style Arc Teddy Designer top in purple Brussels Washer linen and then had hand surgery! Healing up well so hopefully sewing today!
Olivia Button up – sycamore road patterns – up to 68” hip
I wanted to create the perfectly oversized button up shirt for women. This is the kind of shirt you can wear to the beach over a bikini, to work with a pair of jeans, and to a party with matching trousers and some great accessories. There are two sleeve options. The first option is a pleated sleeve, the other option is a gathered sleeve for some added drama. The Olivia features a camp style collar, side slits, and a box pleat at the back yoke. You can size up or down depending on the desired amount of oversized.
Erbaccia studios Festuca dress. 64” hip max
Festuca is a true wrap dress that can also be cut at a top length. Tie closure makes for an easy adjustable fit, and a deep back pleat adds generous ease and movement to an otherwise straight silhouette. Festuca can be sewn in knit or woven fabrics, sleeveless or with a long bell sleeve, as well as with or without a collar.
Patterns 4 Pirates Breezy Overalls up to 62” max hip
The Breezy Overalls are the perfect woven sewist overalls. The loose, relaxed fit and adjustable straps mean you spend less time fitting and altering and more time wearing! The loose fit is super comfortable and allows for layering over anything from a swimsuit to a chunky sweater. You can take these overalls from summer to winter with length options and fabric choice. The super loose fit is ultra comfy, but if you’re not a fan of super loose you can opt for the drawstring option and cinch it around the waist area for a cute blousy fit.
George & Ginger Nebular Romper, max 66” hip
The Nebular Romper is a classic and comfy design with a twisted back detail and sexy side slit in the skirt–featuring attached shorts for maximum support, booty coverage and overall comfort on the go! Side seam pockets are also included for added convenience.
We’ve both taken up some self drafted designs – what does that look like for us? Why?
- Simple designs feel easier to just “do” instead of digging out a pattern
- Remembering the power associated with taking a vision & make it real
- Frustration at lack of options
- Residual annoyance as designers extend sizing
- Just can’t find what I want
- Self expression
- Simple patterns are often over $15 and that seems excessive, especially if I pay to have it printed too.
- Challenge to myself
- DIY Daisy sew it yourself book
- IthicaMaven tdco
- Olivia Hayward designs
- Thread and Sprout landscape book
- Craftsy resources for learning to draft
- Love to sew: getting started with pattern drafting
- Creative Hinterland course
- Patternmaking for fashion design by Helen Joseph Armstrong
Remember to rate & review us!
Hit up our Patreon