#86: New patterns for MORE
|Taylor.hart.fabrics||$100 gift certificate|
Jenny: 2 yards of a pink white blue moth design created by a non-binary trans masc artist in a cotton knit.
Shirt – Byrdie Button Up from Pattern Scout –
The shirt has a full collar with stand, sleeve placket, two front pockets, darts. Very nice pattern with great instructions. It doesn’t have a yolk, which may be important for folks that need more shaping on their back. It fit me well, but in the end I didn’t think I’d wear it. I was more wanting an oversized shirt (so I should have made one!) But my mom LOVES it!
- Carving stamps
- Plans to block print fabric
- Printing labels just for me
- Taking Instagram class with Maggie McGill
- Taking drafting & grading class with Victoria of Erbaccia Studio starting in mid-Oct
- Projector for patterns: Epson PowerLite 680 H746A Ultra Short Throw Projector w/ Remote
KnowME – the good, the bad
- Diverse representation rarely seen in Big 4 patterns – all POC, black
- FOUR patterns go up to a 58-60” chest (another leap for Big 4) – guessing based on the limited chart shown on the pattern page.
- Most patterns end at 48” chest – sigh
- No visibly old sewists, one sewist above a small fat sizing visibly
- Men’s patterns end at size 52
Now you can sew comfortable undies for and maintain a high level of modesty. This pattern includes instructions to make boxer brief style underwear with two different hem options, two lengths, and two rises. Women love their Boxerwear for under dresses and skirts, sleeping and even daily underwear. Be careful though, you may need a larger dresser to house all of your new undies
Not new but new to me:
Blueprints for Sewing Moderne Coat max 61” hip
Moderne is a drop shoulder cocoon coat. It has generous pockets and a roomy fit. It is inspired by Art Moderne architecture, a style prominent in the 1930’s and 40’s that featured aerodynamic curves and clean horizontal lines.
Version 1 has a sporty knit collar and cuffs and its curved seams are accented with piping. It is fully lined and closes with a zipper.
Version 2 features a flat band collar, 3/4 length sleeves with a decorative notch, and gracefully curved side hem vents. It is unlined and closes with buttons.
This collarless coat is designed to play well with your favorite hand knit scarves. Make it up in denim or canvas for a light spring coat or in wool with lining for cozy winter outerwear.
Saturday, October 22 at 6pm, City Winery Atlanta will be the host of our event, on the patio with lots of fashion fun, food and our signature Frocktail. Make your most fun frock and come hang out for a night off. There will be a camera everywhere you look, fun surprises from our Sponsors and new friends will be the reward.