Noodlehead – pdf pattern
Our last month sponsor Needle Sharp has offered a discount code for all of our listeners this month! It is: PFNOV
Johassler: Labels & patches for one lucky winner
If you spot M&M on sale, let me know. I’m in love. Starting drafting of a second dress.
M&M+ barkcloth dress – self drafted, #CuteButOffputting, includes my “Perfection is not my purpose” patch on the back in yellow gingham.
Lore Piar Vana Dress – up to body measurements: 63/58/75
Topic: Winter fabrics & patterns
Favorite fabrics for winter sewing:
- Linen – it’s all weather!
- Micro cords – textured joy
- Stretch velours – sumptuous and if cropped all weather!
Flannel – good for loungewear, linings of outerwear (though not so good for sleeves), and basic grunge button ups #GarbageFlannel
Denim – not just for jeans. I want to make a pinafore type dress with denim (we called them jumpers).
French Terry – my favorite is from Style Maker Fabrics, but not sure if they are out of stock or not carrying any more.
Favorite patterns for colder weather:
- Sew House 7: Toaster
- Caramiya Maui: Chive dress
One of the best winter memade wardrobes is by Sheila O’Kelly
I am thinking of making some flannel-lined Sew House 7 Free Range Slacks
Favorite non-clothing pattern for colder weather:
- A raglan knit poncho – large needles, only a couple balls of thread
- Lap blankets from flannel (WOF x 3 yards, folded in half, loosely quilted by following design elements)
I started but have not finished a rag quilt.
I have never made but want to make dog coats! I know this is clothing but so is a poncho.
Favorite cold weather activity for wearing your me-mades:
- Driving the parkway to look at the lovely cold, crisp scenery
- Drinking hot cocoa and seeing how long it takes me to stain whatever I’m wearing
Reminder to rate & review
Reminder to join our Patreon