“Lizzo Orange Tiered Dress”
#sewmystashsummer – Beverly’s hashtag which she isn’t even using
ABC News “The Truth About Where Your Donated Clothes End Up,” By MIKE LEE December 21, 2006, 11:55 AM
GreenAmerica.org, “What Really Happens to Unwanted Clothes? Your castoffs live on after your closet cleanout.” By Beth Porter
Washington Post “Do you know what’s happening to your clothing donations?” By Amy Freeman, Jan. 28, 2020
Kleiderly.com “What happens to your clothing donations?” and “Why these African countries don’t want our clothing waste”
Edgexpo.com “Fashion Industry Waste Statistics”
- http://www.alternet.org/environment/its-second-dirtiest-thing-world-and-youre-wearing-it; Forbes – Making Climate Change Fashionable – The Garment Industry Takes on Global Warming
- Timo Rissanen, “From 15% to 0: Investigating the creation of fashion without the creation of fabric waste,” Presenter, Kreativ Institut for Design og Teknologi, September 2005.
- http://www.smartasn.org/ | Secondary Materials and Recycling Textiles [SMART]
- United Nations Partnership on Sustainable Fashion and the SDG’s
- Global Fashion Agenda – https://globalfashionagenda.com/initiatives/fashion-on-climate/#/our-impact
- thredUp.com, online resale – https://www.thredup.com/resale/#resale-growth
- Textile Exchange Fast Facts – textile-product waste-fast-facts, PDF.
- Forbes – Making Climate Change Fashionable – The Garment Industry Takes on Global Warming