Nandita’s Instagram: divinedita
Muna and Broad Spinifex pajamas.
Itch to Stitch Mountain View Jeans!
Robert Kaufman Super Stretch Denim
Sew Liberated Hinterland dress.
Robert Kaufman Brussels Washer Linen a
What does cozy mean to you in your sewing?
Nandita: Ellie and Mac South shore Romper
Favorite comfy garments: Hinterland dress, Sewhouse 7 Free range slacks, Fibremood Rozan
Garments that might be comfort/cozy:
- From designer: The Aspen Cardigan allows you to have the perfect cardigan no matter what you are wearing it with! Over a tank or shell this is going to be your go-to cardigan. Gathered in the back at the waist and back collar, with deep pockets and clean lines, the Aspen will fit in just perfectly with your wardrobe.
- 61” chest, 65” hips
- From designer: The Camden Cardigan is a cozy cardi pattern that’s perfect for the season! It has a comfortable ease and features a drawstring to cinch to your liking. This fully-faced cardigan has options for crop, top, tunic, and duster lengths. It has inset sleeves with options for sleeveless, short, 3/4, and long sleeves. Choose whether or not to add a hood with options to hem, face, or line it. Two different pocket options, in-seam or patch
- 81” chest, 85” hips
- This circle cardie pattern is a quick, easy sew with stunning results. The waterfall drape down the front makes it perfect for both thinner and thicker warm fabrics. You can adjust it to suit your style with two different lengths, three hem options and three sleeve options.
- 76” chest, 80” hips
- I’ve made this one – it’s quick & fun. I want to make it again out of some heavier fabrics as I think the body would really elevate this simple design.
- Style Arc Nina Cardigan
- Ellie and Mac Southshore romper – JUST ~$4 RIGHT NOW!!
- Use to make jackets, tops, bodices for dresses
- I’ve considered this one for a bodice on a Hope Dress
- Simple lap quilt from any fabric + a flannel backing, quilting at 1” – 3” repeats in a simple grid.
- The Medlow Robe is designed to fully cover you when you want to stay covered. It features a deep overlap (and deep pockets!) that ensure you only show what you want to show. It’s perfect for slow weekend mornings, and provides enough coverage to answer the door in.
- 64” chest, 71.5” hips (min 40/41.5)
- This versatile PDF Sewing pattern comes in two lengths with different trim options. The long version has pleated trim down the front edge, patch pockets, hood and comfortable sleeves. The short jacket version uses packed quilt binding to finish the edges of the front, hood, sleeve and pocket instead of the pleated trim. Jacket is unlined, and closes at the neck with a hook and eye closure.
- 58” chest, 60” hips
- Sweat pants/shirts
- It comes in two different views, View A is semi-fitted cropped sweatshirt with a band that hits at the natural waistline and has a puff sleeve. The Chive Sweatshirt’s cropped waist pairs nicely with your favorite high waisted jeans or pants. It can also be dressed up with an A line maxi skirt or pencil skirt. Because of the narrow silhouette of view A it can be worn under overalls or a loose fitting jumpsuit (like the Caladium ;). View B has a looser silhouette and falls at the hip. Because of this its a great top for low to mid-rise jeans or pants. Because of the narrow silhouette of the Chive Sweatshirt it can also make a nice tee in a lighter weight cotton knit.
- 62” chest, 54” waist
- Everyone needs something to wear when its time to relax. These joggers and shorts are perfect for that! Whether its hot or cold outside these joggers are the ones to grab for the perfect comfort time. These adult joggers match our kids Ace joggers and you can make the whole family a matching set! Sizes are unisex and come in Small to 5X.
- 60” waist, 64” hip
My favorite joggers pattern is the Arcadia Joggers by Stitch Upon a time.
I also like the True Bias Hudson Pants, available for kids, men, and recently upgraded sizing (max hip 59.5).
There are so many T-shirts out there, but my favorite comfy tee is a free one from Rebecca Page, the Toronto Tee.
Made by Rae Luna Joggers hip 59” 34.5” – made for wovens or stable knits
- Pillows (eye, bed, etc)
- This is my favorite quick gift for kids. Quilting fabrics & garbage flannel are perfect for this. Higher quality fabrics with better thread counts yield best results for comfort. Also: BURRITO METHOD is my fav for anything you want nice and pretty on the inside!
- Such a comfort item! An eye pillow is my go-to when I’m tired, stressed, and have a headache. Toss on a silky eye pillow with lavender mixed into the filling and I’m in heaven.
- Nicole Elise textiles – Liverpool